Friday 1 July 2011

Catching Up

"I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! No time to say "hello." Goodbye! I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!" The White Rabbit (Carroll,1865)

Well maybe not a date as such, and I'm not quite as frantic as Lewis Carroll's White Rabbit, but you get the idea. 

So here is my first post.  And it's three weeks late. If this was a book I'd be looking at a pretty hefty fine by now.

I decided to sign up for 23 Things as, like the White Rabbit, I feel the constant changes in social media etc are impossible to keep up with.  I'm therefore hoping my involvement in this will help me to gain new skills and keep abreast of changes and new information.

This is my second venture into this sort of thing, having kept a private blog for a few years.  I follow a number of blogs and I think it’s the personalised nature of them that attracts me; information that comes direct from the individual has so much more substance and depth than that which comes from a faceless company or organisation and this is what keeps me going back again and again. 

It's clear that blogs, as well as social networking sites such as Twitter, have altered the way we share information; it's now acceptable to communicate with a wide audience in a relatively informal manner - we can tell others what we had for dinner in one sentence, and share our political opinions in another.  Although tempting to blog about my culinary adventures (roast chicken with garlic and lemon last night), I plan to use this blog for work related posts and will try to avoid boring your socks off with tales of my personal life. Riveting as it is.

So, what next? Looks like I have lots to do before I catch up with everyone else on here so, like Alice, I'd better get a move on. 

1 comment:

  1. Great to have you on board! Hope you enjoy the 23 Things! Week 2 is one of the heavier weeks, but week 3 is lighter and then week 5 is a catch up week so I'm sure you'll get everything done and blogged!

    Rowena 23 Things Team

    ReplyDelete